What is the contact information for Kootenai County Fire & Rescue?
Our Administrative Office is located at 5271 E. Seltice Way, Post Falls, ID 83854.
Office hours: 8am-5pm M-F, ph 208-777-8500, fax 208-777-1569.  If this is an emergency please call 911.  

Where can I safely dispose of unused or expired medications?
Post Falls Police Department ph:208-773-3517

When do I need to get a fire permit to burn?
KCFR requires you to get a burn permit for yard waste, burn barrels, hand or machine piled slash.  Please look under the burn permit section on our website for more details & information on burning notices and requirements.  We do not require a permit for recreational fire pits.

How can I find out about local air quality, fire restrictions and other warnings?

Why do you send a fire truck with an ambulance to a medical emergency?
Our Fire trucks have personnel trained in medical and rescue techniques.  Units are dispatched according to information received from the 911 call.  Many times the situation found upon arrival can be very different from the situation that was originally dispatched.  All KCFR firefighters are certified Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs).  Most of our crews also include at least one certified Paramedic.

Can a fire truck come fill my pool? 
Unfortunately, we cannot take a truck out of service in order to fill pools in our community.


^ Top